VNAA: Say "Boo!" to the Flu
Since 2005, VNAA has partnered with the Clorox Company to run the annual Halloween-themed Say "Boo!" to the Flu Campaign. Increasing flu shot coverage and awareness is an increasingly important priority for home health and hospice agencies. Annually the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services evaluate home health agencies for their effectiveness assuring that Medicare home health patients have had a flu shot for the current season, and they include a measure of flu shot coverage in Home Health Star Ratings. Additionally, agency performance on flu shot coverage is an important quality metric in value-based purchasing arrangements under Medicare.
2018 Program InformationFourteen home-based care providers nationwide will vaccinate nearly 17,000 children through affiliated events. These events provide an opportunity for members of the community to get their family vaccinated against the seasonal flu, and to learn simple tricks to prevent the spread of the virus. Agencies participating in the 2018 program include:
- Bethel VNA (Bethel, CT)
- Community Nursing Services (West Valley City, UT)
- Franciscan Immunizations (Indianapolis, IN)
- Porchlight VNA/Home Care (Lee, MA)
- Ridgefield VNA (Ridgefield, CT)
- Spectrum Health VNA (Grand Rapids, MI)
- VNA Care Network (Worcester, MA)
- VNA Community Services (Monterey, CA)
- VNA Health Care (Aurora, IL)
- VNA Home Health & Hospice (South Portland, ME)
- VNA of Johnson County (Iowa City, IA)
- VNA of Kansas City (Kansas City, MO)
- VNA of Greater St. Louis (Maryland Heights, MO)
- VNA of the Midlands (Omaha, NE)
Program ImpactFrom its inception in 2005 through the 2017 program, over 150,000 patients have been vaccinated at affiliated Say "Boo!" to the Flu clinics nationwide.
Visit the Say "Boo!" to the Flu website for more information.