Training & Case Examples
Training and Case ExamplesThe ElevatingHome Blueprint for Excellence is a training resource for home-based care organizations. We encourage educational staff to review the Blueprint’s modules and to develop training programs consistent with ElevatingHome's best practice recommendations. Organizations can host remote or onsite training sessions to review Blueprint for Excellence modules for staff to discuss how to adapt and adopt practices relevant to their own agency.
We also encourage home-based care organizations to review and discuss best practice case studies as models for improvement.
As the result of effective training, staff will have a shared definition of success in the domains of patient outcomes, patient experience, population health, and the value of home care. By incorporating Quadruple Aim principles, home-based care organizations demonstrate value to payers and patients. This outcome success drives successful operations.
At the end of this section you will find links to archived presentations on topic covered in the Blueprint for Excellence. Weblinks in these presentations are not current.
- Case Example: VNA Care of New England - Readmission Team Training
- Case Example: VNHS Atlanta - Collaborative Care Protocols for Urgent Interventions to Prevent Readmissions
- Case Example: Porchlight VNA Comprehensive 5-Star Practices
- Case Example: Porchlight VNA Data Management for Success
- Case Example: The Sutter Center for Integrated Care (SCIC) - Always Event
- Case Example Visiting Nurse and Hospice Care, Santa Barbara Home Health Activities to Drive Improvements in Bathing Function
- Case Example: VNA Health Group - 5 Star Agency Practice - Ensuring Accuracy of OASIS
- Case Example: Advanced Home Care - Getting Your Stars Up - Strategies for Improvement through Staff Education
- Case Example: Concord Regional VNA - VNA-Hospital Partnership to Improve Access to Palliative Care and Hospice
ElevatingHome recommends a number of training programs offered by specialized organizations and those dedicated to home health quality.
ElevatingHome Educational Programming – updated regularly with best practice webinars, training, and conferences for home based care organizations.
Nursing.org strives to connect nursing professionals at any level with online programs to match their education and career goals.
The Home Health Quality Improvement University is free with registration and includes online education with continuing education credits. HHQI trainings cover a variety of clinical and quality improvement topics.
Best Practice Webinar: It Takes a Village To Stay Home Safely. Christiana Care Health System webinar on using case conferencing and effective SBAR to keep patients safely at home.
CMS Home Health Quality Reporting Training: Presentations from CMS to improve home health quality reporting capability.
Institute for Healthcare Improvement: Free virtual training on a variety of topics, available to view at your convenience.
- On Demand: An Introduction to the Model for Improvement
- On Demand: Building Skills in Data Collection and Understanding Variation
- On Demand: Using Run and Control Charts to Understand Variation?
- On Demand: Improvement Skills to Empower Front-Line Nurses
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement SBAR (Situation, Background, Assessment, Recommendation) Toolkit
Qualidigm Heart Talk Video Series – training for patients and professionals on living with heart failure
NDNQI Pressure Ulcer Training (may be completed free with no CE Credit, or as a paid course for credit)
CDC Vaccine and Immunization Training
Training for Homecare Workers - Caring for Yourself While Caring for Others